Tuesday, September 13, 2011

DAY 22- CRUISE PHASE- MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2011

DAY 22, SEPTEMBER 12, 2011
PP+V

CURT: LOSS: 0.6 lbs TOTAL LOSS 12.4 lbs.
JAMIE: GAIN: 1.8 lbs TOTAL LOSS 7.8 lbs.

Breakfast:
C and J: omelet

Lunch:
C and J: Hamburger patty stuffed with jalapeno slices and reduced-fat pepper jack cheese and Creamy lettuce and tomato salad (recipe below)

Dinner:
C and J: 1/2 of a stuffed green pepper and 1/4 of a stuffed zucchini each

Water:
C: 2 quarts of water, 1 can Diet Dr. Pepper, 1 can Sprite Zero
J: 2 quarts of water, 1 can Cherry Coke Zero, 16 oz. Diet Pepsi, 1 can Sprite Zero, 1 bottle Orange Jubilee

wow.... We really downed the soda. We'll have to work on cutting that out again.

I'm up again... Irritating. And I would like to know why, but it's ok. My body is KILLING me from yesterday. The sand did something to my right ankle and left knee. And my abs are burning from treading water. I'm basically sitting here on the couch being waited on. No real physical exercise today for me.

The kids all go back to their other parents tomorrow so tonight, they are my slaves! This house is gonna be clean before they leave because, well... I figure they made the majority of the mess, if not all. It's funny how the 6 days they're gone, the house is pretty much spotless because I spend the whole morning they leave on cleaning the house. So I have proof that it's them. *Later: my house looks FABULOUS!!!
Oh! And I'm an evil mama! We put a lock on the pantry door today. We bought 3 boxes of Zingers a couple weeks ago for school lunches. I had 2 kids taking lunches occasionally, so maybe 1 box should be gone. We put these in OUR closet for safe keeping. Well... all but 5 were gone. That is when I about lost it! So this is mainly for when we are both working and right after school. They seem to think they need unlimited access to all the food all the time. Not so, my dears. I've put up notes and reminded them over and over to ask first. When I clean rooms and find a trash can full of various wrappers, I know that I'm being ignored. So if they can't listen to me and respect my requests, they are going to be on a very short leash!

Lunch:


The creamy lettuce and tomato salad... I loved it! I'm not so sure Curt did, but he did eat it. I made enough for lunch and dinner so I'm pretty happy. I got the recipe from Dukan It Out, but, of course, I had to add my little tweak to it.

CREAMY ICEBERG AND CHERRY TOMATO SLAW

3 T lowfat buttermilk
3 T plain greek yogurt
my special seaosning
1t rice vinegar
1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
3 tomatoes, chopped
1/4 onion, finely chopped

Mix the first 4 ingredients and refrigerate til you are ready to serve. Just before serving, toss the lettuce and tomatoes in the dressing and top with freshly ground pepper.


I meant to take a picture of the stuffed green peppers. They were fabulous! I ate more than I should have and still wanted more.

No comments:

Post a Comment