Tuesday, January 10, 2012

January 6, 2012, day 46

Well... neither one one of us is great, but neither is awful either.  But...  I have to tell you all..  I've had an AWFUL week.  I've already discussed the job situation.  But I came home Friday morning and had an okay day, but if you ask my husband, and I will thoroughly agree with him, I had been acting "off" for a couple days.  But Friday night, I SNAPPED!  I know that it was a combination if the stress and the birth control pill, which I've had minor issues with before.  Well... this was by NO MEANS minor.  I went on total freak out. I was cussing, screaming, hitting walls (I have a bruise on my brow bone that I really have no idea how I got it, but it was from that night), holing up in a room...  in a ball...  chewing my nails...  in a very defensive stance.  It was NOT pretty. But, on the bright side, some stuff that had been weighing heavily on my for a few weeks got taken off my chest.  Funny thing about all of this, to some degree, was that we were working out that morning and I was reading my sheet for the birth control pills about the side effects.  I was worried about the migraines I was having, told Curt to make me call the doctor if I had one in the next day or two.  I also noticed I had what they called "breast tenderness."  Then I read through the rest, glanced at the part about the mood swings and depression.  It came full circle for me less than 12 hours and thank goodness, I recognized it, mentioned it to Curt ad he popped all my pills and I haven't had a problem since.  Except my period started over a week early.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a rough couple of weeks, Jamie. I think not taking the BCP's is a good idea. You need to report your symptoms to your GYN so she or he can note them in your chart.
    Have you thought of an IUD? Ifnyou have no plans for a baby in the future, it's your best, long-term choice... Just my 2 cents as a women's healthcare practitioner :)
    Feel better xoxo

    ReplyDelete