Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It's Curt again... Yes, I'm alive!!!

Hey all...  yeah, what a weird last couple of weeks!  Jamie hit the nail on the head there!


This morning's weight loss took me by total surprise, and makes me wonder.... how can there be a 6 lb difference from 6am vs noon?  I know we hadn't eaten or drank anything in that time, but gosh.. we didn't do anything but sleep!!!  Oh well, maybe that means we need more naps together!

My new shift stinks... it has pro's, but mostly cons for me.  I really don't like it.  My work has us bid for our shifts quarterly, so I'm stuck here until April where hopefully it'll change.  The nice thing is that I'm still working from home, and now that Jamie's not working I get to hang out with my favorite person on the planet all day long!

I'm also glad she's here because, while it might seem that I'm benefiting on the scale, I never know what to make for meals on this diet!  Every meal meant a phone call to her asking, "Ok, what am I eating for lunch?" 

We both push to not call it a 'diet', but a life change.  And I see evidence of this EVERY DAY.  While we might not be the strictest Dukan-ites, that was not our goal.  Our goal was to make ourselves healthy and happy!  And we're getting there!

It's been great seeing the little things that have changed in my body!  For instance...  I am a T-shirt and shorts guy...  if I wear pants, something's wrong.  I wore sweat pants the other day and Jamie almost made me go change!  LOL!

Well, I've been noticing that I've been having to fold the waist of my shorts over and cinch them up with a belt just to get them to stay up.  I've been wearing size 52 pants for....  ugh, years...  at least 10 years.

Well, Jamie was shopping for clothes the other day and asked me if I wanted some new ones... SURE!  Her next question:  what size...  ugh...  I have NO idea... so, she got a 44 and a 42 to try.  Sizes I haven't worn in...  again...  I'm sure 12 years.

THEY FIT!!!  Yes, even the 42 fits ok!  Well enough I can wear it in public even!  LOL.  I was SO happy!!  Jamie was too...  I've said this before, but having the world's cutest cheerleader in your corner will make you strive to do ANYTHING.  Anyway, I've worn them a few times, even on my one day in the office this month last week.  I got asked about my weight by 3 different people who could tell a difference!  It was GREAT!  I can now shop in most normal stores for pants/shorts!  I'm elated!

Alright... I'm gonna go have dinner with this beautiful wife of mine.  I love getting to take the cheerleader home (yes, she was a cheerleader in high school, when I dreamed one day she'd be mine) and hold her hand all night long.

Have fun storming the castle!!!

Curt

2 comments:

  1. You guys are AWESOME! I couldn't be prouder!!! Yes, Curtis, it is VERY obvious that you are losing a lot of weight. With each pound you lose, it makes you want to lose another one. Its the best thing!!!!! I have been to MANY weight loss people, dietitians, and doctors. Even a psychiatrist,about losing weight. I HATE being overweight. They ALL say the same thing, keep a food log. Write down every bite that you eat. The most successful weight loss people keep a food log. So Jamie is right about adding it to your blog. It helps keep you accountable! GOOD JOB!! guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like a great couple! Hope Jamie is feeling better. Its obvious that despite problems you are coming out on top! Many Congrats on your weight loss, thanks for sharing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete