Tuesday, August 30, 2011

DAY 9- ATTACK PHASE- TUESDAY, AUGUST 30, 2011

DAY 9, AUGUST 30, 2011

CURT: GAIN: 2.6 lbs TOTAL LOSS: 7.6 lbs
JAMIE: LOSS: .4 lbs TOTAL LOSS: 5.4 lbs

Breakfast:
C: 4 eggs and ham steaks
J: 2 eggs and 1 ham steak

Lunch:
C and J: bunless patty melt (pictured below)

Dinner:
C and J: Chicken breasts w/ asparagus and key lime bran muffins and orange creme muffins

Water:
C: at least 3 quarts of water, 1 Diet Cherry Pepsi, 1 Mike's Lite Cranberry Lemonades
J: 3 quarts of water, 1 Diet Cherry Pepsi, 2 Mike's Lite Cranberry Lemonades (thank goodness those things are gone!)

So we can't blame Curt's weight gain on his period (he didn't think that was funny).... but we do have a theory. Everytime he eats meat, primarily steak, it gets stuck in his teeth and irritates his gums. It got pretty bad yesterday to the point that he texted me and said, no more meat! He pretty much went to FF cottage cheese and eggs for the rest of the day. While his gums still hurt, they recovered somewhat and he went back to eating meat today.

Now... as you can see from what I listed as meals... we cheated today. We ate veggies in small amounts today. The reason: it's our only day off together til Sunday. And I thought the asparagus was going to go bad, and as it was, the frig got too cold and froze them. I was a little bummed but the chicken was still good!

I'm having fun trying to come up with recipes that we used to love and try to integrate them into this new way of eating. That is where the chicken idea came from. I like to take chicken breast, pound them out, lay down swiss cheese and deli ham, roll them and then roll in flour, fry, and then bake. The idea behind this chicken was similar, only asparagus instead of ham, reduced fat provolone cheese instead of swiss, and I brushed it with corn starch. I thought it was pretty good.

And the muffins: LOVED the orange creme. I didn't love the key lime, but I 'll eat them.


The patty melts were fabulous!!! I seasoned the meat with my special seasoning- equal parts of celery salt, black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Every couple of months, I go to WINCO and buy these each in bulk and mix my own seasoning and fill half a dozen spice bottles. It is the best stuff EVERY! We both put it on everything.


I sauteed onions and a small handful of mushrooms and poured them over the hamburger patty covered with a slice of reduced fat provolone cheese.



No comments:

Post a Comment