Wednesday, August 24, 2011

DAY 3- ATTACK PHASE- WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 24, 2011

DAY 3, AUGUST 24, 2011

CURT: LOSS- 6.4 lbs (WOW!!) TOTAL LOSS: 6.6 lbs
JAMIE: LOSS- .8 lbs TOTAL LOSS: 1.2 lbs

Breakfast:
J- 3 eggs and 4 oz. ham steak
C- 4 eggs and 4 oz ham steak

Lunch:
J- 1 Mojito Lime chicken breast
C- 1 Mojito Lime chicken breast and 1/2 lb. shrimp

Snack:
J: Dannon NF Lemon yogurt + 1.5 Tablespoons oat bran

Dinner:
C & J: 1 1/2 Petite Sirloin Steak each, 3/4 onion, grilled each
Both were fantastic! I marinated the steak all day long in a Mexican style tomato sauce (3/4 of an 8 oz. can), worchestershire sauce, soy sauce, Pampered Chef Rosemary mix, cumin powder... and whatever else sounded good.

Snack:
C: Yoplait Key Lime Pie yogurt + 1.5 T oat bran

WATER:
J: 2 quarts water, 1 quart crystal light, 30 oz. diet Pepsi
C: 3 quarts crystal light, 1 44 oz. diet Pepsi

The weight loss was fantastic today/ yesterday! I'm really, really glad about that, but crap... it was not a good day for me. I had initially thought that I was going to completely cut off the soda intake. Yeah... NOT a good idea! I had a pretty bad headache yesterday. I took 2 rounds of medication to knock it out. Today's headache was only worse. I took meds 2 times and finally just gave into a pop. I felt a lot better (but not perfect) with in just a couple minutes of my first drink. Of course.... then Berlyn kicked it over. ME= not a happy mama.

We went to the "Green Lantern" at the dollar theater. I suppose it was a good movie. I wasn't feeling great so I didn't think it was fabulous. And that dang popcorn... it smelled SO good!

I canned Dill Beans today, one of my kids favorites and virtually free of calories!


RECIPE:
Great-Aunt Mabel's Dilly Beans

Makes 4 pints

4 pints of green beans
1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
4 cloves of garlic
4 heads of dill
(split evenly between 4 pint jars)

Brine:
2 1/2 c. water
2 1/2 c. vinegar
1/4 c. UNIODIZED salt
Bring to boil, pour over beans in the jar.

Scald lids, screw on tightly, process in the canner for 10 minutes.

Let stand for 2 weeks for flavor before eating.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like your weight loss (for both of you) is off to a great start! I'll be cheering you on & following your progress -- good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Vicki! It's extremely encouraging to see results this fast and to still feel pretty good!

    ReplyDelete