Saturday, August 20, 2011

In The Beginning....

In the beginning, Curt and Jamie were overweight.  Now, we're going to do something about it!

   You've all heard the stories how we got here...  I had babies.  I love food...   no...  I REALLY love food.  I had a bad marriage.  I was depressed.  I woke up and had on extra weight.  Did I mention that I love food??  No matter the excuse, we all have a story that has got us to where we are, and maybe someday, we will individually tell our stories of how we got here, but for now...  all you need to know is that we are starting a new journey in our life.
   We, together, are making huge lifestyle changes for ourselves and our children, tho they are coming kicking and screaming and...  at this point, unknowingly, but when they find out..  kicking and screaming.   The kids won't be as deprived as us, but they will notice a difference in eating habits. 
   So today starts our last week of freedom.  As I told Curt yesterday, I've been binging for the past few days, trying to get in those last few days of empty, crappy calories.  I figure by the time we start this next Saturday, I may have an extra 5 lbs. to take off.  For now, I'm not checking, just enjoying myself.
   Our plan:  I have kind of forced Curt into this.  But he's a trooper.  I just don't think he knows what's really going on.  We are going to be following the Dukan Diet.  It has 4 phases.  The first is the Attack Phase and obviously the phase we will be doing first.  I will explain each phase as we get to it.  The Attack Phase at first made me a little scared!  While I love meat, I do like vegetables too!  But the more I read about it, the more do-able it sounds.  Here are the foods we CAN eat:
Now for the 72 Protein Foods List - These are 72 Foods safe to eat in unlimited quantities on every phase of the diet.
Meat and Offal
Beef Steak
Filet of beef
Sirloin Steak
Roast Beef
Rump Steak
Tongue
Bresaola (air dried beef)
Veal escalope
Kidney
Calf's liver
Veal Chop
Cooked ham slices (no fat, no rind)
Cooked chicken and turkey slices (no fat, no rind)
Fat reduced bacon
Game - Venison, pheasant, partridge, grouse
Rabbit/Hare
Fish
Dab/Lemon sole
Dover sole
Fish roe - Cod, Salmon, Herring, Mullet
Cod
Grey Mullet
Hake
Halibut
Haddock
Monkfish
Mackerel
Plaice
Pollock/Coley
Rainbow Trout/Salmon Trout
Salmon
Sardines
Red Mullet
Sea Bass
Skate
Sea bream
Smoked Salmon
Swordfish
Tuna
Whiting
Turbot
Seafood
Clams
Cockles
Calamari/Squid
Crayfish
Lobster
Dublin Bay prawns
Mediterranean prawns/ Gambas
Mussels
Oysters
Scallops
Whelks
Prawns
Seafood sticks - surimi
Shrimp
Poultry
Chicken livers
Chicken
Guinea Fowl
Ostrich
Poussin
Pigeon
Quail
Turkey
Eggs
Hen's eggs
Quail's eggs
Virtually Fat-Free Dairy Products
Skim milk
Virtually fat-free cottage cheese
Fat-free greek yogurt
Fat Free natural yogurt (plain or no-sugar sweetener only)
Vegetable Protein
Tofu

   The length of this phase depends on the dieter and how much weight you want to lose.  It is a jumpstart to the rest of the plan.  Some people lose 5 lbs., some lose 15 lbs. in this phase alone.  The phase lasts 2-10 days.  We will be doing it 7-10 days.  I really depends on how bad we're itching for some veggies!  I won't be eating any fish type food.  Curt might.  And we have eggs running out our ears thanks to our back yard hens so that will be a staple.  And yogurt.... lots and lots of yogurt to fill in those monotonous meals of meat!
~Jamie








1 comment:

  1. All sounds GREAT!!! But....if you eat tongue, PLEASE dont EVER tell me! gag!

    This sounds very do-able. protein is your friend and will build up those nice muscles! Good luck and keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete