Tuesday, February 14, 2012

New post... from Curt cuz Jamie is out of commission

Well, she's not exactly out of commission, but she's a hurtin' unit!  Today was her (I'm a computer guy, so forgive me...) 'upgrade'.


We got up a little before 6 and made the 30 minute drive to Boise.  We waited forever... then we went back for pre-op.  Jamie did great (she HATES needles poked into her), and then they took her away.  I was left to... well, do nothing, for the next 3 hours before I got to see her again.  Surgery took 1.5 hrs, but the other 1.5 hrs was her in recovery.  When I saw her she was ready to go out the door!  LOL.  I guess she had had enough of that place.

We got something for lunch, mostly for me cuz we hadn't eaten since dinner the night before, and she didn't feel like food yet.  Although it wasn't 'diet' food, I had a FANTASTIC sandwich from a Vietnamese deli.  It had roast beef and WASABI!  I have a soft spot for wasabi...  it was FANTASTIC!

We went home after that.  I took her upstairs where we both spent the afternoon laying in bed watching RAISING HOPE (funniest show on TV right now, highly recommended).  Surprisingly she never napped.  She even went downstairs with me later and sat while I folded laundry.  After her pain pill at 6, she decided she was ok to go run a couple of errands.  Alrighty.... We went to Ryan and Mel's (my cousin, I work with both of them) and picked up a key...  then we went to Albertson's to get a copy of BREAKING DAWN.  Jamie started feeling nauseous in the produce section, she frantically demanded a produce bag, into which she emptied the contents of her stomach...  ew...  ;)  Mostly water and acid, and bananas.  This part was so funny:  we took it back to the deli area where she explained that she had vomited into a bag and needed a trash can.  The 17 year old zitty kid working back there took one look at that see-through bag and took 2 steps back... hilarious...  But, he stretched out a trash can as far as his arms would reach for her, so I explained that she wasn't contagious, she had just had surgery....  so funny...

But now she's feeling better (after puking 1 more time).  We're now sitting in bed watching our movie as our Valentine's/anniversary evening together.

I don't think we are going to be doing much weighing in over the next couple of weeks.  Jamie tried the scale tonight after the vomiting episodes... and found herself over 10 lbs UP!!!  So, she's not happy, but it's understandable since her body is all swollen and retaining water.  I'm only up by like 1 lb, so it's no big deal.  I seem to do that anyway...

So, I'm dropping in to let you all know that she's doing great...  We're laughing and holding each other, just like couples should do on their anniversary.

Just so you all know, I didn't let this holiday/occasion pass without finding something wonderful for my beautiful wife.  We were getting her ring back the other day from being sized (again...) and we decided to look around for a heart necklace for her.  Well....  I found the PERFECT one!  For anybody who has, or ever gets to meet this love of my life, she has the most SHOCKINGLY blue eyes...  This necklace is silver with a blue diamond heart inside of the silver heart.  My eyes landed on it, and I didn't need to see anything more.  We walked out with it all gift wrapped so that I could give it to her in front of the kids.  While she's not a fantastic actress, it was still fun, and the girls all thought it was as beautiful as we did.

 Here is a picture of it from their website.  With her eyes, it's perfect... just like I think she is!

So, once she's ready, we'll get some "after" pictures to share with you all.

Thank you for those who sent prayers of safety for her, they were answered!

Curt (and Jamie sitting right next to me helping me spell!)

Happy anniversary, baby.  And happy heart day to everybody else!!!  Hope you all enjoyed it!

1 comment: