Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving?

Last night, we had Thanksgiving dinner w/ my parents' w/ a side of knock-down-drag-out fight! My mother... sometimes I just don't know what she is thinking. My ex-husband and I had a boat and he got it in the divorce, which I don't care about at all. Anyhow, my parents wouldn't let him get the boat because it was up a field and they had corn in this year and didn't want him running it over. Long story short, the corn is out and he can get the boat. I texted him the day it came out and told him and I told her that. On Tuesday, Ex gets the kids at 3 pm, only we were both working and couldn't get them there and my mom works over by my house and gets off at 2 so it worked out for her to come over and get the kids and take them over there since 2 of them didn't have school. Anyways.. she took them over there and instead of just dropping them off, she decided she needed to go up to the door to tell him that the corn was out and he could get the boat. Ummm... he slammed the door in her face. Now.. I agree, he was a jerk, but that doesn't excuse the following. She went home, pissed off, and my parents hid the boat from him (and me, for that matter). At dinner last night, this came up as we were starting to leave. Ethan and my mom started telling me this story but when she came to the part about hiding the boat, I told her that they can't do that. Her response: I don't care. This is when my blood started to boil. My response to that was: I can get arrested for this. Her response: I don't care. I could hardly control myself at this point, but I still, farily calmly said: If I get arrested, I'll lose my job, Mom! Her response: (A VERY SNOTTY) I DON'T CARE!!!
Ok, folks... I can only control myself for so long. The water bottle I was holding slammed into the floor before I knew it left my hand and I yelled, "That's it! I'm done!" And I left.
The original plan was for the kids to stay w/ my parents for Thanksgiving since we both work. So as we were taking Luke to his grandma's, we decided to pick up my kids. I couldn't leave them over there. My mom was already picking on Ethan. So at 11 p.m., we went over and picked them up and brought them home.
Apparently, my mom has no idea what she said that made me mad and all I can say to that is that she has to be delusional to not have a clue what she did/ said to upset me. And just so you all know, I will never hear an apology for this. We are just going to have to wait for the smoke to clear and pretend like nothing happened. But I honestly hope that I can have a backbone and not just let her get away with this.

3 comments:

  1. Sending you a big hug... what a sucky way to spend any day :(
    Put on your big girl panties and don't let her get away with it... I called my mom on it about 15 years ago and we now have an awesome relationship!
    Praying things work out!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im sorry your Thanksgiving was ruined. Do you think your mom was just trying to stick up for you by hiding the boat? I dont know what she was thinking, but Im sure she didnt really 'not care' about the trouble she was causing you. When things calm down, your should explain to her what she said that was SO WRONG!!! Im not taking her side, but as someone who lost their mom not too long ago, its just not good to stay mad at her. You need to try to make her understand how it can affect her. AND that idiot EX should get his stupid boat off their property or maybe they should charge him a storage fee. Anyway, I hope you and your mom make up soon. Love you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand... and we will "make up" eventually, but I'd be willing to bet it's the usual sweep-it-under-the-rug-and-forget-about-it and I don't want it to be that way. I think it needs to be hashed out. And I did call my dad and talk to him about it and once I told him that I could lose the kids and my job if I get arrested, he kind of had one of those, "Oh..... crap..." moments. Hopefully that helps my case. In our house, everyone is working on "delivery" when speaking to each other. You can say "I love you" and say it with a snotty attitude and it cancels out what you said. I think my mom failed there. I read an email once about this business man who treated his clients and associates like gold, but treated his family like crap because he could. Obviously the moral of the story, why do we all treat the ones we love the most, the worst? That's how I feel sometimes. I realize I'm no angel, but when it comes to my mom, I walk on egg shells around her, and yet she says I treat her horrible. I'm in a no win situation. Shall I tell you about her journals that she's written venting about my brother and I that she said we have to read after she dies? And just so you're aware, I'm NOT going to read them, unless she really wants me spit on her grave. That's not the exclamation mark you want on the end of your life. "I'm dead, so now I can say whatever I want and piss you off." I could go on and on and on here.

    ReplyDelete