Thursday, July 18, 2013

July 17th, 2013

Wow!!  It's been a long time since I've posted anything.  I guess it's time to fill in all the blanks.  I'm saddened by my foot injury from the first weekend of May.  I still have huge issues with it.  It is swollen every night and in the morning, holy cow...  I stumble out of bed and limp around for about an hour.  I can't begin to work out, but I did start this week because I have to!  I have to do something and I have this theory that getting more active will help that thing heal faster.

I had every intention to have my weight way down before my brother's wedding.  Of course, I didn't.  In fact, at some point I just didn't give a crap.  I was really stressed out about the whole thing.  Curt and I both had big responsibilities.  For me...  those dresses kicked my butt.  I made the mock dresses and tried them on 3 of the 4 bridesmaids.  I couldn't get the other bridesmaid over to try hers on.  So after doing the mock dresses, then I started on the real ones and realized that the fabric she chose SUCKED!!  Thank goodness my sister in law is the easiest going person I know.  I went to her, 3 days BEFORE the wedding and showed her the "real" dresses and asked if I could change the fabric up again and she said, whatever you want.  So I quickly ran down and bought a shimmery cotton and, what a sigh of relief, made the 4 dresses with ease!  I actually got alot of compliments from people so for as much trouble as those things were, it was worth it, I guess. 

First weekend of June...  Curt woke up on that Saturday morning in horrible pain.  We spent some time in the ER.  His hernia, that has caused problems for several months, popped out and wouldn't go back in.  Long story, short...  he was out of work from June 3 to July 14 and had surgery on June 18 to fix it.  After a few weeks, he's feeling much better.  Hopefully he can start working out again too!  I've been looking forward to racquetball again! 

My son is causing stress in my life.  He snuck out again.  He got arrested.  He made me mad.  I don't want to talk about it.  Just know it's there.  By the way, he's been on his best behavior. 

We started back up on the diet on July 3.  We've been eating pretty carefully and all that.  I'm up and up and up and up and at my highest weight ever.  I don't get it.  I'm being very careful.  Quite frankly, I'm very discouraged.  I'm going to start posting more regularly to keep myself honest.  Maybe I'm missing something.  I will say that in my defense...  I have a horrible sun burn and at night, my legs are horribly swollen.  AND it should be TTOM in the next day or 2, but the latter has never really affected my weight all that much. I think that I'll try for an attack phase starting tomorrow (Curt already has his lunch packed and gone).  And I should mention here that Curt is also up a little so that is why I think I'm missing something.  We'll just get on top of this all and hopefully it will be better.  I'm tired of feeling like crap about myself. 

This morning's weight:
J: 186.0 lbs (up 1.4 lbs from yesterday, up 6 lbs since Saturday (!!!))

Breakfast:
C: eggs
J: none

Lunch:
C: shredded pork, almonds, 0 calorie jello, pepper jack cheese, yogurt
J: 2 boiled eggs, jalapeno sausage and a handful of almonds

Dinner:
C and J: prime rib, sauteed onions and mushrooms, broccoli

Water:
C:
J: 1 lt water, 1 lt 0 calorie Powerade, 2 lt 0 calorie lemonade

Excercise:
J: 62 minutes on stationary bike, weights

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you back, Jamie! The great thing about the Dukan diet is you can fall off and crawl back on and it still loves you, because it works :)
    Here's hoping your foot and Curt's tummy are both feeling 100% soon xoxo
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete